One of the most troubling plumbing problems that occurs in homes, is a slab leak. Basically, this is when a plumbing pipe under the concrete slab foundation of your home, develops a leak.
Slab Leak Symptoms
Here are some of the symptoms you may experience when you have a slab leak:
- A “hot spot” on your floor. When the hot water line has a leak, the hot water spreads and heats up your floor. It is important to service this problem immediately, as your water heater may be working overtime for an extended period — costing you more money.
- You can hear the sound of water running in your house when no fixtures are turned on.
- Increased water bills for no explainable reason. Because the slab leak can be significant, you could be losing a lot of water, without even knowing it.
- Mildew or mold present, especially under carpeting.
- Any sign of moisture inside the house, on the floor or carpet.
You can check your water meter to see if there is a slab leak. To do this, be sure all water is turned off, inside the house and pool, including the icemaker, etc. Then go to your water meter on the street to see if it is still turning. If so, you may have a slab leak problem.
Slab Leak Repairs
Slab leaks, like any water leak, can be expensive if not repaired immediately. Slab leaks can cause extensive damage to hardwood floors, tile and carpet, cabinetry and even your home’s framework. We often have alternatives to uprooting your slab. We can reroute, or redirect the water supply around the slab leak, often avoiding an exorbitant expenditure.
If you think you have a slab leak, please call us as soon as possible. We will promptly dispatch a leak detection specialist who will help you figure out the source of the slab leak and recommend a solution that fits your needs.